Wedding day

Wedding day
Isn't she beautiful!

Monday, March 3, 2008


But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.
They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
They run and don't get tired,
they walk and don't lag behind.

Isaiah 40:31, the message

What does it mean to "wait on God"? The New Living translations says, "trust in the LORD," here. This verse makes me think of spending time in God's presence for the same reason you eat food. You must have it. But it is even more than that. We were made for him, for his pleasure. And ask any parent or lover, there is no greater gift than time.

So it is no wonder I feel lost, without purpose, or melancholy when I go even a day without doing the only thing I really must do? Spend time in His presence. For truly this is "fresh strength"!

Now Father, help me to live my words. Amen.

1 comment:

Sherri Campbell said...

Amen! love mama. My jon, my precious little jonny boy. I am praying that into you and Brandy transfer literally the magnificent power, and anointing on our lives, just as all the old prophets passed onto those next generations. All Blessings and power, and love be yours! It's great to see you lead your family so beautifully!